I am not proud of the fact that I tend to overreact when things bother me. I have worked very hard over the years to manage my reactions using some highly recommended techniques:
- Exercise: A good run certainly energizes and recharges me.
- Sleep: A rested mind makes it easier for me to think clearly and objectively.
- Avoidance: Walking away is often better than escalating a stressful situation.
- Talk: It is therapeutic to find a friend or coworker who can sympathize with my situation.
- Do more: Keeping busy burns off lots of adrenalin and distracts me.
These techniques help me cope. They help make body and mind stronger. They help build my resilience to push on and do more.
But things still happen that annoy and frustrate me. Things trigger the same ‘gut’ reactions.
In addition to using physical and mental coping techniques, I now take time to recognize my energy or spirit. Logosynthesis® is a technique that guides me to identify what I feel and what I sense when something bothers me and use the power of words to dissolve the energy that triggers my reactions.
I have come to realize that this is not an easy concept for us to grasp but I also see that it works. Both the technique and the underlying principles of Logosynthesis® are beautiful. To learn more, contact us.